Sunday, August 13, 2006

So far, so good

Check it out!!! Just look at the time. Its 4.12am!!!! And I'm feeling damn good about it. Well, you see...I just came home from my "second" supper.
Let me explain.
The weekend has been moving along pleasantly well. What I thought would be a quiet Saturday night at home; somehow became quite an enjoyable one.
Unlike to many peers my age, whenever Saturday nights comes along....their idea of fun is clubbing, drinking and stoning themselves. But all my life, I havent really gotten use to that as an idea of a good time. Once in a while, I don't mind the occasional clubbing....but somehow, I rather spend my time chatting with good friends over a good meal.
Tonight is one good example.
Don, Alan and I decided to go for a quick supper around 9pm. And as usual, we talked alot and we ate alot. Of course, I always enjoy their company and somehow, coming out for supper at these hours always reminds me of home.
Later, as I got home about 12am, I received another call about 2am. It was my former Boss, Alzari - though until now I still call him Boss. And again, we went for another supper! Hence, my "second" supper.
Yeah, I know its fattening. But I swear I only had drinks the second time around. *burp*
Anyway, Boss is a person whom I seriously respect. The first few managers who I reported to when I was in M1. And definately one of the few people that I will never forget. It was really nice to see him again as we updated each other on the ongoings of our professional lives and....personal lives. In the end, he did give me good advice about my current employment; always supportive.
So, if you'd asked me how's my weekend so far?
So far, so good.

No comments: