Friday, August 11, 2006

What the?!?!?!

I almost died of a heart attack when I got home today. No there wasnt any burglar. No there wasnt any stripper waiting for me (I wish....). But a mere letter.

When I saw that letter, I was freaked out. I was tensed. I nearly died.
The letter was from.....

Only 2 words came to mind. National Service. Cos I heard of some rumours before that even PRs were suppose to go for National Service. I mean, you'll never know. Under one of those friggin-small-they-aspect-people-to-see-with-magnifying-eyes fine print; I might have obliviously agreed for NS.
Then when I slowly ripped open the letter......phew.
You see, in Singapore they wanna notify you of everything. And in this case, they wanted to notify me that I was EXEMPTED from National Service. Goddamnit.....why have I never received any letter informing me that I'm exempted from taxes? Fug.
Anyway, the letter continue to mention I am exempted cos I'm a first generation PR. Which also means to say.....if I settle down here, my kid will be looking at 2 years of NS.
Well, what can I say...... That's his problem.

No comments: