Sunday, October 01, 2006

I want my life back

Finally its the last weekend of my unemployment. And seems like I'm already getting busy even before I started work.

Last night Boss Alzari invited me to my old department's BBQ bash...... and boy, I enjoyed myself.

Its been a while since I'm in the company of so many good friends and people who support me. Initially I had my reservations about going back to M1 only after 3 months of my resignation. Gossip mongers spreading rumours is almost inevitable.

But then again....after last night, all my worries are laid to rest. I felt in a way, I was welcomed back in open arms and it really made me feel that I belonged there. Supportive colleagues, caring friends......in many ways thats what anyone could ever asked for.

Trust me, I know. Recently I've been seeing alot of things which really made me think about what makes a good or bad friend. For instance, I have a friend who's popular; goes clubbing every weekend, partying and such. But when it comes down to it.....when she gets drunk....everyone seems to just go by their own way and go home. The responsibility of a friend is not present at all.

True...when it comes down to it, its the people who sticks by you without prejudice during the lowest points in your life. With this in mind.....so far, I know I'm blessed to have good friends throughout my difficult times. I'm blessed to have gotten to know Donald, Ho, Alan and my boss, Alzari.

Lets just say life would be a much horrible ordeal to endure without them.

Nonetheless, I really enjoyed myself last night during the BBQ. One of the biggest highlights of the BBQ is even getting to see my "long lost sister" Cassie!!! No doubt she's not in M1 anymore, but she was invited as well. Man.......I do miss her alot. It was definately good to see her again.

Then of course, another highlight of the night was our regular drinking session after the BBQ. During this period, everyong just hangs back and enjoy the booze and talk-cock-sing-song. Really feels like the good old days =)

Haha....and man its been a while since I drank. We had multiple concoctions of Baileys, Absolut and wine. By the end of the night (and multiple shots) - about 2am, we were all in a few good mood....just chilling out.

After that, Ho, Alzari and me decided to prolong the night and went for the famous Boon Lay nasi lemak for supper. By the time I got home......5am.

I miss this life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm honoured to hv a mention in ur blog... hee. Miss you too, bro... hope to catch up with u soon. dun worry too much... nothin's impossible in this world. strive harder the next time. work hard, play hard. take care!... Cass