Sunday, October 08, 2006

Sibeh Suay

So, I guess it was another nua weekend for me.

Hehe...friends have been complaining that I've just been sleeping thru the entire weekend. Which is true.

Other than going out for a drink and movie after work on Friday, been doing nothing but sleep, eat and watching series for Saturday and Sunday.

Oh ya, by the way. The movie I saw was World Trade Center. Must admit, its was kinda poignant in a way that it totally avoids the spin on terrorism. It wasnt about the attack on America. It wasnt about the Al-Qaeda. It didnt even had any political message or agenda.

It was only about the story of 2 port authority police officers who went thru 9/11. The movie told their story. And thats about it.

The part that hit me the most was the ending. There was this scene in the end that shows all the "missing persons" notices on a wall in a New York hospital. But if memory serves, I remember watching the enws 5 years ago that there were literally thousands of "missing persons" notices that were pasted all over New York. It was kinda toned down in the movie.

After some thought....then only I realised the rationale of editing out all the other notices. You see, the film makers wanna make you feel good in the end of the movie. It wasnt a movie aimed at making you feel sorrowful, sad or deppressed about 9/11. As a matter of fact, it wanted to make you feel good....make the Americans proud that they have survived 9/11. A celebration of survival of man kind.

So all in all, it was an average movie for me. The objective of the movie wasnt exactly in-line with my expectation of the movie. Cant fault a movie for that.

Anyway.....I guess by now.....why the title for this entry? Well, let me start.

Was lazing around at home today. So, around lunch time I thought of walking over to the nearest Maybank (about 10 mins walking distance) ATM to draw some cash. And guess what? When I got there.....the ATM was down. Second time this week.

Feeling abit pissed, I called up the Maybank hotline to give them my feedback. And then, I was told as an alternative, I could withdraw money from HSBC's ATM instead. So, thats all good and fine.

Later this evening....I made my way all the way to PS. And once I got to the HSBC ATM there......the friggin ATM jammed and my card got stuck!!!!!! Boy was I PISSED!!!

Immeadiately I called up Maybank and HSBC. Neither one of them could do anything. But I really gave it to the Maybank CSO (in a nice way of course). I talked to the guy about the whole issue starting with my first attempt at drawing cash from their ATM. To be honest, I wouldnt be so pissed if this is the first time their ATM failed on me.

Mulfuctioning twice in a week? I mean cmon! Do something about it already.

Anyway, I gave them my feedback and requested for a follow-up. The worst part.....is HSBC will be destroying my ATM card and I need to go down personally to one of Maybank's branches to collect it myself. I put it across to the Maybank CSO, "So, since I'm working 9am to 6pm from Mondays to Fridays; looks like I'll have to collect my card next Saturday? Where do you suggest I get money then?".

Though, I must admit I was pretty pissed at that time. I apologised to the CSO and told him he didnt have to answer my question.

Moving on to bigger things though......I am feeling like I'm wasting alot of my time away. Life is really passing me by and I'm not doing much. Started feeling like this when I heard one of my friends will be getting married soon.

Sigh.....I'm sure that time will come, the feeling of dejection when your peers are getting married; moving on with life. And conversely, I'm still stuck at this stage of life.....getting older, not any wiser.

And to top it all off.....my ex-employer still havent paid me my last month's salary!!!!! Talk about hypocrites!!! These people are always like that. When they need you....they do some of the things for you. But when you are of no use to them? They take their own sweet time. Heck...for all I know I might not even get paid at all. And they owe me about $1.5k!!!

And so far they have not been responding no any of the emails I've sent them. Soon, I'll be considering to seek assistance from MOM.

Friggin cheapos.

Thats why I said folks. Never work for a small time company who thinks they own the world. I rather work for a corrupt, western, bureaucratic, backstabbing organisation anytime.

1 comment:

StealthSunlight said...

thanks for the vote of confidence. but apparently these ppl think they're saints.