Sunday, April 15, 2007

Gone Public

Hey people! I'm back.


After months of hiatus, somehow today I found the inspiration to update my blog. And whats more, I also decided to go public again. For the uninitiated, I made my blog "private" a few months back cos I found out my-ass-of-a-brother was showing my mum my blog. Personally, there are just somethings you rather not let your parents know. No point getting them worried about my personal trials and tribulations.

BUT.....now that my brother have moved out from my parent's place; I guess its time to come out of "hiding" =)

So what have I been doing of late? (since my last entry was in January). Well, sad to say nothing much I guess. Been working like a dog ever since I joined CR. Though its not really a bad thing.

The work itself is fulfilling....and the OTs contributed? Rewarding. Been hitting a minimum of 30 hours every month. Cant really complain about the extra moolah....now that I'm subjected to 15% CPF deductions!!! Arrrggg!!! By next Feb, it'll be 20%. Sigh....

Anyway, I finally had a good rest this weekend. Been working non-stop for the past 3 weeks; I'm finally able to clear my off-in-lieu tomorrow. Of course, this would mean a 3 day weekend for me!!! Hahahahah.....for all those of you who have to wake up tomorrow to face the Monday blues, Eat Your Socks!!!!

Then again....the moment you thought I'd have a splendid weekend. Think again. There I was. Last Friday afternoon. Got off out of office at 3pm to recky the venue for this year's CS Bash, I got home at 5pm. Would you believe that!?!?!!? For the first time in months, I was home when there's still daylight on a weekday. Sheesh.

But later that night.....the stupidest thing happened. I was caught in the rain and I'm now down with fever and flu. Just my luck. With an extended weekend, all I did was stayed at home. The worst thing about staying alone and falling sick is taking care of yourself. Too sick to get out of bed, too lazy to do anything else.

Still, I am feeling better already =)

Other than that, I've been "cleaning" up my PC which I have long neglected. Manage to tidy up my folder system and decided to revamp my desktop.

I know, I know....I'm into that geek/nerd mode again. But hey.....look at my desktop now!!!! Aint it cool?!?!?! Its called "The Endless" by Neil Gaiman. Google it. It features 7 siblings - Desire, Despair, Destiny, Dream, Death, Delirium, Destruction. Interesting stuff.
Hehehe. Oh, how we find joy in the simple things in life.

No comments: