Monday, May 29, 2006

For gamers only: Next-Gen

First there was me Xbox. Then there was me PS2.
And all I can say....things will be getting worse. Damn.
Its been a while since I have been reading up on the mad, mad world of gaming. And as too much free time has it.....I decided to check the latest happenings in the gaming industry. 'Nuff said, the best place to start was thing year's E3.
E3 has always been the highlight of gamers every year. This Gaming convention is THE biggest gaming convention on the Western side of the world. It only comes second to the TGS - Tokyo Gaming Show....the land where Nintendo and Sony rule.
However....the more I read and watch videos about this year's E3, the more I realised that Microsoft is really kicking serious butt.
I must admit, the initial titles launched for Xbox360 started out kinda lame. In fact, there wasnt much improvements over the older Xbox titles. Thats what I thought.
In this year's E3....My, my, my. My hands are getting itchy. Titles that are prepped to be launched like Too Human and Lost Planet: Extreme Condition....are too good to be true!!!! Damn the in-game graphics are unbelievable!!! If it promises to deliver such superior graphics and gameplay.....Sony and Nintendo better come up with an answer that will match Microsoft's.

Too Human (Note: Images are in-game and pre-rendered)

Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (Note: Images are in-game and pre-rendered)

And thats not all, not to let consoles have all the fun.....even PC gaming is seriously heating up. And all I can think off is one word; Crysis. So far the teaser in-game trailer that has been released is just mind-boggling. Its like something you only see in a cutscene of any game.

Cyrsis (Note: Images are in-game and pre-rendered)

Seriously, if ever there's a motivation for me to upgrade my PC again...this game would be it. Its been a long time since I indulged in PC gaming, espcially in the first person genre. Its reminiscent of my old CounterStrik-ing days.
Still, in the end of this next-gen console wars, I still think Sony will reign supreme. No doubt that their demonstrations of the up-coming PS3 is rather dissapointing, but knowing Sony....they always have something up their sleeves. I'm sure they will come out with something that will seriously blow our minds. Till then...I'm saving my hard earn cash and will decide between Xbox360 and the PS3 when its released.
But for the time being....atleast I'm hyped up about God of War 2. Hehe...
Oh yea...and not forgetting Nintendo....Wii is the word. Thats right...the spelling's correct. Pronounced as "We", Wii is a seriously entertaining and innovative piece of gaming device. Its difficult to explain what it can actually do...but all I can say that its great fun if played with a company of friends and family...
Maybe the following video clip can explain better =)


No comments: