Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Hey HO!!!!!!! 25 years....RoCk ON!!!!

I'm BACK!!! From a very much deserved holiday back in Penang....and of course, to celebrate my Quarter-Century Birthday =)

Must really say...every visit back is a real blast. Sleep depravation, non-stop meals and good company. Loved every second of it.
And of course, every single time I have to come back to Singapore and leave Penang.....its a damn sombre mood for me. Just imagine my face in the airport waiting to board the plane. Like what a good friend's mom always say....the frown I had is like hanging 5 kg of meat on my mouth (trust me....the hokkien version sounded much more funnier). Hehe.
Anyway, the theme for this holiday back in Penang was .......BENG!!!!!! YEah!!!!! For your info, the music that is playing now is Hey Ho by DJ Nick. Its a remixed version of Missy Elliot's Family Affair.
Seriously...this song is BENG TO THE MAX!!!! I went to a few clubs and they are playing it everywhere!!! Me and my friends got so hooked on to it that we played it in the car everywhere we go. 4 morons in a car shaking their heads to the song....classic.
Anyway, there were also a few surprises this time around. And one of them being....me buying a car!!! Wahahahahaha... Ok fine....it actually didnt go thru, but I was damn close.
I went to see the newly lauched Naza 206...which is the exact replica of Peogeot's 206. The only difference is that its assembled in Malaysia. Still, the most exciting about it, is that the first 1500 units are actually assembled in France! Without thinking too much, I just paid for the booking fee and, boy was I happy.
HOWEVER.........the test car didnt come as it was expected to. So, in the end I didnt had the chance to test drive the car. In the end, I cancelled the booking cos I wasnt about to buy a car which I have test drive yet.
Oh well.....guess there's always next time. And of course, my dream car. The Honda Civic. Hehe.
And moving on......one of the BIGGEST surprised I had.........met up with my very first high school crush!!!!!! Man oh man.....havent seen her for 7 years already. Must admit....she's still as pretty as ever....and happily attached. Haha...atleast we're clear on that.
Last but not least.....the highlight of every trip back to Pg....Da FOOD!!!!!!!! Not surprising, I ate like there's no tomorrow. With almost 100% guarantee that there will be a supper outing every night, I left no prisoners. I took down one hawker stall at a time.
God knows how many years since I ate at Raffe's. Same old place never changes. But one thing I'm glad that didnt change was the awesome Curry. Still as good as I remembered it.

2 of my all time favourite gourmets back in Penang. The one on the left is of cos the Lagendary Tari Burger. One bite of this and its....sheer heaven. And the one on the right.....Chicken Cordon Bleu. The ULTIMATE SIN. Its basically a deep fried chicken stuffed with ham and melted cheese; served with BBQ sauce.
Though, on the last night before I went back. I found a cosy restaurant called Bagan. Its pretty new...but very posh. Basically they have a bar and served fine-dining. Must say I really like the place alot for its atmosphere. The only thing missing was the compulsory foir-gras from its menu. Other than that...it was excellent.
Fine dining for 2 and 2 glasses of wine came to about RM 180. Definately a good deal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy beef !

Whos da cute chick !?!!!

hehe...anyway Welcome back Slut....

Same shit different day as always...

bloody dragging myself to live day by day...

Slut Bro