Monday, March 20, 2006

Another passing....

*blink* *blink*
Man, this job is screwing up my system. Was working the 8am shift this morning. No doubt that I get to finish early at 5.30pm, but the first thing I do when I got home was crashed onto my bed and pass out for hours....
So, here I am. At 11.50pm. Wide awake and suppose to wake up at 6.15am. Sigh......my biological clock's shot to hell.
Anyway, its been a fairly interesting weekend. Its been THE weekend anyway. The weekend where I supposed to be off on Saturday and Sunday. And how does it feel after experiencing a work free weekend?
Ummmmm, must admit. The feeling's kinda great. Feels as if you're part of society again. Of course, where-ever you go, the weekend crowd could suffocate your balls. And of course, where-ever you go those capitalist jackasses rise up prices on everything....though, I could get used to this.
So, what did I do during that all important Saturday night? Did I go clubbing? Did I have a hot date? Or was I.....doing my laundry again????
Well, as much as fate has decide..........I was with the company of good friends. And what's so different this time as you may ask?
Simple, Donald's grandpa passed away last Friday, and all of us turned up in force to attend the wake. Another death. Another condolence. It was only a week ago that I have attended Samantha's grandmother's wake.....and now, here I am at another one.
Still, friends will be friends and no matter how dire the circumstances are....we go thru thick and thin together.
In retrospect, it is a practice for some culture not to weep for the dearly departed; but it is an occasion where you celebrate person's life. Celebrate the reasons that this person passed on without any regrets and lived his life to the fullest. And that; the person's life meant something to each and everyone of us.
Thats how the night faired. Initially, all of us were in a sombre mood as do all funerals are. But in the end, we manage to cheer Donald up and spent the entire night chatting and joking around. Finally, we went home about 2am.
On my way home, in my mind I thought that maybe its true that our deaths are pre-destined. And maybe its true that anyone can pass away at anytime and anywhere.....
But I sincerely hope I don't have to attend another funeral for the foresee-able future...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the time taken to attend the wake...

Slut Bro..