Sunday, March 05, 2006

Phone Drama

Uncivilised *grumble* Untrustworthy *grumble* Dishonest *grumble*

Friggin security guards.
Talk about feeling safe at work. Let me tell you about my day.
Was suppose to be one long friggin day. I had scheduled OT till 2.30am and in many ways I was dreading every minute of it. And there I was, sitting in office with a Service Level that only God can save.
Taking one call at a time, suddenly I realised my handphone...............was missing! Immediately I started to recall when was the last time I saw my phone; and the only time I remembered using it was at the office lobby while I was taking my break.
After a while, I was certain that I left it there. Hence, immediately I rushed down to look for my phone. Of course, at that hour, not many people were still in office, and the only people loitering around in the office lobby was the security guard.
Feeling that this is something that I cannot handle, I informed my manager and later Engineering confirmed that the phone is still in the building.
Based on gut instincts, I went to confront the security guard and asked him whether anyone has taken my phone. I threatened him that we know that the phone is still in the building and its just a matter of time that we will locate the phone. In an instant, the bugger denied anything and said nobody came around and nobody took my phone. Subsequently, I told him, then in that case, I will inform management on this and they will go thru the security video.
However, then he retorted and says he will help me look for the phone. Feeling pissed, I gave him an ultimatum. I told him that my shift is ending at 2.30am, and I will come down once again to see if he has found my phone. If the phone is found, I will let the case go.
So, later...guess what? I came down at 2.30am, and he miraculously found my phone! He mentioned he found it in the gent's toilet. And as I inspected my phone.....the SIM card is missing!
What the?!!?
So, let me get this straight......I left my phone on the sofa-chair in the lobby. Then somebody took it; took out my SIM card, and left the phone in the toilet.
Can somebody tell me the logic of this story????? I didnt know my SIM was "that" valueble.
Geez.....maybe someone just wanted to take a look at the NYP gal video clip and accidentally flushed my SIM card down the toilet.
Security my ass!!!!

No comments: