Monday, November 08, 2004

The "Budak Kampung" (Village Kid)

Well, its been a fairly interesting and busy weekend. Things have been so hectic that I didn't have the time to update my blog...and its only my second posting! Arrgghh...

Anyway, on Saturday, I attended the the CCCS (Call Center Council of Singapore) Dinner; and I tell you..I was in awe. For the first time I attended a dinner that is realli "up" there. It was a black tie affair and everyone was in Armani suits, tuxedos, coats and gowns. And for me...I felt like I was a budak kampung (village kid) in a cheap suit. I'm way out of my league. Even the dinner was so-called "fine dining", where I had no idea which fork or spoon I should be using. Still, it was realli a good experience as I was in the company of the industry's finest. My company managed to grab a few coveted awards...including one for my manager who won the "Call Center Manager of the Year". Its suppose to be some kinda prestigous title that he is suppose to represent Singapore in some other Call Center Awards in Chicago next year. Cool huh?

I will be posting up the pics of the dinner pretty soon when my friend sends them to me. Sheesh, its really a drag if you dun have your own digicam. That's why I'm getting my own soon. Wanna get the new Panasonic FX-7 super slim, mega OIS, 5-megapixel, ultra light good looking digicam. Hahaha...thats a mouth full. But man, I'm excited about it.

Moving on to Sunday, well, it was a pretty average Sunday and as usual I was in office. Feeling damn sleepy from the night before. These days I'm having difficulty sleeping. Maybe its from the shift work I have been doing. For the entire week, whenever I come home, I would fall asleep around 9Pm and the wake up at 11PM...and that's it! 2 hours and I can't sleep for the entire night...hmmm...maybe something's bothering me. But just can't firgure out what it is.

These days in office, I have also been noticing everyone's going thru something. From my observation, the colleagues that I'm close to are having their own personal probs. The ironic part is all of their problems are all relationship related. Sigh....seems like all problems are related to relationships huh? Even money isn't that troublesome...it never lets you down when you have it right? Hahahaha.

But I guess the beauty of our "click" is that, when we all get together, we seem to put behind our worries and we really enjoy each other's company. Even when we're whining about each one's relationship problems.... As a foreigner in a different country, sometimes I count my blessings that I found good friends where ever I am.

Oh man! Look at the time! Time for me to go. Sigh, another A3 week for me. (oh, those who's not familiar with what I just said, A3 means I start working at 3PM....and I finish work at 12.30AM. Its a Shift thing... Anyway, I'll be back people...on my way to "Hell" now..


No comments: