Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Singapore and the punctured tire

The past 4 days have been simply great!!!!!

You know why? Take a guess.......hehe

Well, the second so-called surprise I had in store was.............my friend Joanne came down to Singapore to visit me!!!!

Its been 2 years since I last seen her and she came down to Singapore with her family for a short holiday. It nice to see all of them again. Nevertheless, I didn't want them to stay at a hotel when I have plenty of space at my humble mi casa. As I was in Penang at that time, all of us took the same coach back to Singapore. And unfortunately, the journey back to Singapore was a perilous one. The tire of the coach we took punctured!!! It took the driver a few hours before we back on the road again. Still, the little incident didn't dampen our spirits at all!

So, for the last 4 days, it has been a whirl-wind tour around Singapore. We visited almost all the well-known areas in Singapore. And of course, I took them to my favourite restaurant - La Mian Xiao Long Pau!!!!!!

Anyway, they just left last night and I have a feeling I will be missing them alot. Little did I know, they have really accepted me as part of their family. And I really don't know when will I get to see Joanne again. But one thing's for sure, I really want to make it a memorable trip for them......as much as it is for me :)

Here we are at; non other than......The Night Safari!!! My favourite tourist attraction in Singapore. My 5th time there!!!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is Joanne's younger brother, Andrew. Really is a great kid- listens to his mom and elder sisters.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


And here we are at the Bugis Goddess of Mercy temple.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sigh..... :)

It has been really an enjoyable week with Joanne and her family. I'm glad to see that we're still friends after these 2 years when we have been in different ends of the world.

This one's for keeps.

1 comment:

Rosalind said...

WHOAH!!!

hhmmmm......

:)

Am glad you;re happy!