Thursday, February 16, 2006

Johor Indulgence

Round 2! Round 2!

Just merely a month has passed since our Johor outing, the slut brothers gathered for another outing of massages, shopping and food, food, food!!!!
In many ways, today has been a fulfilling day.
Woke up at 9am today and made my way to ICA at Levender. And after months of procastination, I finally have...in my hands......my blue Singaporean IC!!!!! Hahahhaha...
When I got hold of the IC, the feeling was kinda surreal. 2 and a half years ago, if you asked me, I would never have applied for PR-ship. But now, here I am. Holding the IC and thinking in a small way, I'm part of this country.
But dammit. I'm not considered an ExPat anymore. Hehe.
Anyway, met up with Douglas, Ah Ho and Donald and Kimchee (Kranji) MRT and made our way to the Woodlands checkpoint.
For the first time, I get to queue in the "Singaporeans and PR Only" queue!!!
Ok, ok....I know. Big deal.
But what the hell?!?! Not many Malaysians can queue there can!??! Hehe. And so, hence forth we set our journey of gluttony and greed!
We went straight to Holiday Plaza to check out the so-called "friendly" shops. Browsed around and stumbled onto this particular shop.
Don't play play. Steven Spielberg has gone to DVD franchising. And this Jurrasic Park. I likey.
Later on, obeying to the growl of our stomachs, we settled down to have a quick bite at KFC before the main feast. And true to what people say.......Malaysian KFC is better!!!!
After the meal, we then moved on to City Square, one of Johor's main shopping complexes. Must admit today was definately a better day compared to the previous outing on a weekend. Being a weekday, the crowd was lesser and not too chaotic. Took a quick refresher before we indulge ourselves with shopping and one of the main highlights....massage!
The Convicts & The Jokers
Thai Odyssey is one of our favourite places to get a massage. Its clean, its reputable and its professional. And what's best? Its only RM 98 for a 2 hour full body massage!!!! Where can you find that in Singapore?!?!?
No doubt, we really enjoyed the massage. Though, I finally found out why people always have massages lying on their fronts rather than their backs. Its because you can god-damn hide the expressions on you face because of the PAIN!!!! In some instances, the pain was so unbearable I nearly wanted to scream out loud! But of course, the relieve after that feels so, so, so good. Never in my life I'd imagine that my body is able to bend that way!
After 2 hours of kneading fats and meat......we felt like a million bucks!
Moving on, the next itineray of the day was; shopping! I noticed that these days, the IN thing in Johor is the grunge, hip hop, style of fashion. Urban streetwear. Its kinda cool actually. We stumbled onto this uber cool boutique called CrossOver.
Man, the clothes there are seriously cool. Apparently, the carry one particluar brand called "Obey". Its a UK designer house that symbolises urban rebellion. The only down part about it, is its price tag. Even after the currency exchange, I still think its a bit pricey. But if I had the cash to burn, dun mind shopping there every week.
Other than that, there are also plenty of shops like this that sprouting up like mushrooms. Urban streetwear themed, Billabong, Puma and Vans were the hot cheaper alternatives.
Then, finally........
After hours of shopping and massage.....its time for SEAFOOD!!!!!!!!!
As usual, we went to our favourite makan haven, Da Ma aka Taman Sentosa. Though this time, our favourite stall was closed and we had to settle for another stall.
Still as good, and........only the 3 of us (Douglas had to rush back).........we still ordered like we had 10 people with us. This time, we ordered crayfish and stingray!!!
So there we were at 7.30pm......
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
And there we were at 8.45pm....
Heheheheeh.......*burp*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah !

its gonna be a regular standard procedure
for this kinda outing for many years to come !

Slut Bro / Black Bye 4