Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Won something for the first time in my life...

Gee...look at the date. Seems like I havent blogged for quite a while. Cant help it I guess. Been seriously busy for the past couple of weeks.

And now; the only time I have the time to blog.....is when I'm out for 4 days MC. Still suffering from conjuctivitis (the spelling IS correct. I've looked it up), I hit a case of all time red-gruesome-freaking-bleeding eye in office the yesterday. So, under the advice of my manager, was allowed to leave at half-day and went to the A&E center at SGH. Apparently, you're not suppose to fall sick on Sundays, cos every freakin clinic at my area was closed. Hence, the onli available avenue for medical treatment is at the nearest hospital. And even so, its categorised under "Accidents & Emergencies".
So....its an accident that I got a bad case of conjunctivitis.
Anyway, some of you might be wondering where have I dissapeared to thruout the past 1 week. Well, first off I was in Sunway, KL for 3 days and then after that spent another night at Genting.
It was the Hungry Turkey's second overseas trip. Again, the trip was all about bowling, bowling, bowling. And of course, who can forget....eating.
Also, whenever I'm in KL, I took the opportunity to meet up with my ex-colleague Carmen. As usual, it was great to see her again. Sweet and charming as ever, we had lunch with one of her colleague.
As for the bowling competition, this time around, personally to me it was a fulfilling endeavor. Not expecting much, and considering my bowling form has been in the dumps for the past 3 months, all I can hoped for is to make it to Division 1.
But who would have guessed it. I played my game. I played so hard and concentrated like I've never concentrated before.....and to my surprised, the team I was in won Gold medal in the team events!
Immeadiately, I wiped the sweat off my brows and told myself, "That's it. By winning Gold in the team events, I made it to Division 1. Mission accomplised".
But later.....in the Division 1 Masters individual games, seems like luck was on my side as well. I was hitting my high games and the favourites crashed!!! By then, I reminded myself again to push harder cos you'll never know in sports......anything's possible.
And you know what? I walked home with Gold for the team event,....and Silver for the individual Division 1 Masters!!!!! Man, I was delirious! Never in my life I would have imagine taking those trophies back.
Me and Captain Don
Though, it was a personal accomplishment to me. But I still believed very much that luck played a part in it. In anytime of the day, I could never have beaten the favourites.
The next few days later, seemed like such a blur to me. Went to Genting for a few rounds at the Tai-Sai table. After a while, it just felt more like donations, rather than gambling. Guess the cliche is true....the house always wins.
And, when we finally came back to Singapore, I was off to JB the next day. The JB trip was interesting I guess. Don drove in and it was his Mazda's virgin drive to JB. Naturally, he was abit more cautious, but it turned out quite fun. Of course, again we went to have seafood and ordered food like there were 10 people at the table.
So here I am now, after a whirl-wind trip to KL, Genting and Johor, been slacking around at home and also been draggin myself to work after that.
Nevertheless, its been a fulfilling trip to KL. To have won 1 trophy was unexpected, but to have won 2, was......unbelievable!

1 comment:

Sofa said...

well done bro! :P