Friday, February 10, 2006

Mummy Dearest

Today is my mum's birthday. Kinda sad that I'm not able to celebrate it with her....
Happy birthday, Ma!
Though, being superstitious and all, I did sent her $188 via internet banking. =) I'm sure she'll find some good use to it. Hey....when everything else fails, cash is the best kinda present.
Called home earlier on and seems like me mum will be having dinner at my aunt's place as part of a birthday/CNY celebrations. And tomorrow, I think my brother will be taking my parents out for lunch.
All in all, I'll make it up to them whenever I go back to Penang.
Was trying tirelessly to get into the Singapore Pools website tonight. The traffic tonight is apocalyptically high!!!! EVERYONE in Singapore is trying to get in. And with good reason. The results of the $10 Million Toto draw is out!!!!
I only manage to log on to the website only about after an hour of trying.
And guess what????? I WON!!!!!!!!
Heeee...
If you believe me...you should be shot in the head. Twice.
I'd win, if pigs start to fly and cows learned to juggle. Only the other day a few colleagues and I were talking; what if we wont the $10 million.
Hmmm, so I guess for now.....we'll keep on talking only.
One interesting about the winning ticket, there was 9 winners in total, and most of it were bought from the System 7 rolls. So, each person walked away with about $1 million plus. Not too bad for a small bet of only $3.50. Thats considering the winners didnt splash thousands of dollars buying multiple System 7 bets.
Anyway, am on MC today. My throat finally tore. It feels like there one friggin fork stuck in my throat and its playing ping-pong with my tonsils.
Hence, I was woken about 8am this morning with the friggin pain in my throat. And then on the stroke of 9am, I rushed to the neighbourhood clinic.
There's really something that needs to be said about Singaporean clinics and doctors. They don't know the meaning of punctuality!!!! I have been to a few clinics before in Singapore, and all of them are the same.
The sign says operating hours are from 9am to 2pm....what they really mean is....."We are open at 9am to make coffee, do streching, boot up the PC and read the newspapers. The doctor will come in at 10am".
FUG!!!!!
I waited 1 bloody hour for the doctor to show up! Sleepy and feeling immense pain in my throat, I thought being there early, I could quickly get my meds and come home to rest.
But no.....I had to sit there and waited 1 friggin hour for the doctor to come. And when he finally arrived, the consultation only took 10 minutes and the doctor sent me off with a slap on the ass.
Ok...I made that last part up.
Guess, the only consolation is; while waiting from 9am...the clinic nurse was kinda cute.
Heeeeeeeee.......

1 comment:

S said...

sweet.