Monday, February 06, 2006

Lost Drive, Lost Value

woops....
Looks I didnt get around to posting those CNY pics that I promised.
Hmmm....looks like I havent been about to get around alot of things lately. Guess one thing explains it all, I lack....drive. Motivation.
I've been feeling that I have lost control of my life lately. I feel as if I'm down in the dumps and I cant seem to get myself out. Though, I'm not exactly miserable....just refusing to do anything about it.
My primary concern? My career.
I really have lost all interest with my current job. Just the other day, I took half day's leave on 2 days, back to back.
With only 2 hours after logging in, I just want to get the hell out of there. No reason for me to stay and I'm just wasting my time.
I was contemplating the other day; I'm really happy to be in Customer Service (CS) for my first job. Because, I am exposed to so many types of different people that really open my eyes as a fresh grad. But then again, this blessing might turn out to be a curse.
I have come to a point, that other than doing CS, I cant see myself doing anything else. I have zero experience in other fields and if I were to jump ship, I might end up getting a pay cut. And IF i want to get a pay increase, then I end up doing CS again.
So, in the end, I feel that my value as an employee in the job market is practically worth nuts. Sure you can say I can go back into CS. But c'mon, I dont want to be doing this shit-for-brains job forever. Crappy shifts and handling assholes (and still being polite to them) is not what I can a decent career.
Confused in the operative word. I seriously don't know what I want.
One good thing is atleast these days I don't have to worry about these things yet. Was so damn busy that I even had time to sleep.
Don't ask me, I have no idea where all my time go. But I have been having quite alot of fun yesterday. Invited some friends over for a small get-together at my place.
Always enjoy myself having frens over talking cock, slacking away.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why don't you try pursuing an MBA or something during your spare time for a career boost?

Switching to management track from CS sounds quite plausible to me.