Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The Curse of CS

Finally an off day!!!!!!!!
Been working for the past 8 days straight. Boy am I tired. But somehow, I have no idea why, but I'm definately in good spirits. Even till the final 8th day. I felt as if I can go on for another 2 to 3 days.
Guess in monetary terms, its rewarding when it comes to working OT. But here's a hint......maybe its gonna end soon.
Heck, even my calls answer/hour has been record high. In my company, the standard for any officer is to hit 12 calls per hour. And even accomplishing that would be a great achievement. Still....do you know this week how many calls I hit per hour????
18 Friggin calls/hour!!!!!!!!
Looks like I'm seriously rackin' it up. That my dear friends, is 18 screaming and shouting imbeciles that I scrugged off every hour. Seems either I'm getting very efficient at what I do, or it can mean the exact opposite.
Still, you might ask why on Earth am I working so hard for? Well, its to proof to this over ambitious manager that I can do it. In recent weeks, the so-called better officers on the floor are getting flack for small matters that doesnt warrant the punishment. So, not to be subjected to any redicule, I'm gonna do the job to the best of my ability just to prove this suckas wrong.
BUT ANYWAY........
Went to Kelly Services and Adecco today. Cant really say its a pleasant experience. The thing about these companies is that the moment you walk thru that door, they have a certain perception of you. In ways, they immeadiately assume that the experience I went thru for the past 2 years....is nothing. Seems like the people I talked to were so hard-up on getting telesales officers that they totally brush aside my aspirations to work in the fields of marketing.
One fella also commented, "Customer service is easy. Anyone can make anybody happy. But to sell...now thats a skill."
*takes deep breath* Now, I'm not saying that selling isnt a skill. I agree. Selling is an art. BUT TO DISS CUSTOMER SERVICE?!?!!?!! What the fuck!!!!
Oh well.......it seems to me that when someone is working in CS for such a long period of time, its difficult to cross over to other fields.
Though, I am still trying to keep my options open. I clarified with the fella that I wasnt interested in sales. But he went on harping on and on about sales. Sheeesh.....
In the end, atleast both of us came to an agreement that I wasnt looking for a sales job (thank God!). And eventually he informed me that he would like to arrange me for another interview for a bank.......but sadly, as Customer Service officer again.
So, here's my dillemma. Its already damn difficult for me to break into Marketing. And if I jump from one company's CS to another, basically my resume would literally spell....C.U.S.T.O.M.E.R S.E.R.V.I.C.E.
Then again, its not exactly healthty to continue with my current employer. The longer I stay, the worse it gets. Like one of the councillors mentioned this morning..."Oh, you have been working there for almost 3 years now. So why do you want to leave now?"
Hmmmmmmm.....

No comments: