Saturday, June 17, 2006

48

Ok....finally its the weekend. Something which I havent really got used to yet.

Though, it doesnt mean the pressure is off. Just yesterday had the first one-on-one meeting with my boss. And immeadiately right off the bat, he layed down what was expected of me.

And all I can say is....it dont look pretty.

It seems like my responsibilities just grew triple exponentially. First, there was competitor tracking. Second, there is advertisement tracking...then later on added with budget setting and monitoring. And the list goes on and on and on and on.....

But the biggest fear in mind came to reality. Marketing Strategies. The highlight of my meeting today was more or less like an emperor's decree. I was to formulate and materialise 48 Marketing strategies for the next 1 year.

48......48.....48 MARKETING STRATEGIES!!?!?!?!!??!

So, tell me I dont have stress. With zero Marketing experience, I now have to formulate 48 marketing strategies with budgets of thousands of dollars. No doubt about it. I cant make any mistakes. And as much as I love Marketing, this is truly proving to be a challenge.

Still, looking back from where I'm coming from.....this is where I'm suppose to be.

Later on, after work....went out on my first out-of-office dinner with another colleague. She's been with the company for quite some time now and its somewhat of an orientation to me.

Went to Billy Bombers and of course, I ordered the trademark All-Star burger!!!!! Seriously the BIGGEST burger it town....finally I manage to have a decent meal for the past few weeks.

Yup, my 2nd Billy Bombardment


In the end, you can say that the dinner was...."educational". Learned alot about the company and my colleagues. And also, it gives me a opportunity to express my thoughts and concerns to another colleague which I have been keeping to myself all this while.

Well......so far, so good. Pressure, pressure, pressure.

I keep on telling myself.....we eat pressure for breakfast.

No comments: