Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Difference between Heaven and Hell

Just came back from "dinner" with Don....kinda happy to see a familiar face after 2 days of work at the new place.
Well, whatr can I say about my new employer? Hmmmmm....lets just put it this way; its DIFFERENT.
Back in M1, no matter the time or period of the day, you are always busy. Every second, every minute have to be spent online with the customers. But here.....no, things are less stressful. Though, somehow you will feel that every minute you spend doing something....its something worth doing. You feel as if you're not wasting your time away.
On my very first day....must admit that the earlier part of the day was kinda boring. I had tonnes of material to read and in a way, working there requires alot of self-initiative. I'm not told on what to do, but I just have to cover as much as I can. Still, it was.....fulfilling.
What I get to do in the end of the day is Marketing. I'm learning tonnes as I go along. Get to have meetings with PR and Advertising agencies, work hand in hand with the Projects team to organise events. And of course, what I like best....thinking of Marketing ideas to push the product. And I'm happy to say...some of the ideas have been well received.
In months to come, I can foresee that my workload can only get heavier and heavier. Why? Because I am the only staff in the Marketing Department!!! Its a one-man show!!! Hehe...thats because the previous Marketing Manager got pregnant and now she's a full time mum. However, I'm not complaining.....what I'm learning now is priceless.
In the end...I'm happy I took the big step leaving M1. I remembered when I was back in M1....after working 9 and a half hours staright, I come back home feeling down, exhausted and lethargic. All I want to do is go to bed and not do anything else.
But for this job.......even after today.....my second day. I just finished work at 8.30pm; which I have been working for 11 and a half hours, all I wanna do now is to go to sleep..........So I can wake up early tomorrow for work again!!!! hehe =)
Its really such a drastic change for me.

No comments: