Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Sex, Lies & Murder

Lately, suddenly I have seen an upsurge of comment postings in my blog. And I have noticed something which actually I am surprised to see.

Typically in blog entries, I have always felt there are 2 types "articles" to be written. Like I've said in my previous posts, 1 has been the "daily report", where the blogger just basically update this online journal and tells about what he has done for that particular day or week.

Second, then there's the light hearted articles on his/her comments or opinions of what goes on around the world. Hence, personally I would feel these articles are of jest and a little bit more interesting to read. A few to name that I have written would be, the Miss Universe post, the Tricks of the Trade post and the Reality Bites post.

Now, one thing I have realised about writing 2 different types of postings are....they generate very different reactions. People are generally more interested in the juicy stuff. Controversies, scandals, sex, lies and murder.

When these topics are ever mentioned; not only in blogs but everywhere else......everyone starts to pay attention. Even more when it starts to involve my private life. Scandalous huh? So the end result is....I normally see more comment postings in articles that normally involves these topics...and less comments when I just talk about what I have been up to and what I have been doing. Ultimately, everyone has very different opinions about different things.

Regardless, it has really been interesting so far. I guess thats one of the good things about having a blog. Initially, I started this blog to keep as an online diary. Something that I can look back from time to time and see how I have grown over the years (thats if blogger.com is still in operation). And then, when I really got down to it.....I find that people have comments on certain things I mention or what I do with my life.

Still, its always good to know what people think regardless if the feedback is constructive or not. I guess, in time, I start to understand more on how people think....and at the same time understand myself better.

No comments: