Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Blissfully Bliss Cafe

Well, she's done it again.....

Went to Kovan today after work to buy some stuff and met up with Rena for dinner. As usual, I always regard Rena as a master of the culinary arts as she always knows the best places to eat with fantastic atmosphere. And I tell you, the place she took me to tonight had an ambience that it simply.......jaw dropping.

Rena intro-ed me to a place called Bliss Cafe around the Hougang area. I have to admit, the al fresco dining area over looking the Punggol Lake is one of the best I have seen in Singapore.


Even though I have to admit the place is quite ulu, but I really like the feeling of serenity where its away from it all. I will definately patronise this place again.

As for the food, its not all that bad either. We started off with mash potatoes for the apettizer and Rena had the Spagetti, while I had the Chicken Gratin. Though the price can be considered pricey for some, the portion I guess is quite generous. One thing that impresses me whenever I go to an eatery is the speed of the service. I hate it when you have to literally wait for hours after making your order. For Bliss Cafe, the speed was impeccable. About 10 minutes after we made our orders, the first dish arrived.

After dinner, Rena and me spent some time chatting away sipping on ice cold camomile tea. Its the first time I tried the tea and I like it alot! Its kinda like jasmine tea....but sweeter.

Hehehehehe.... gee, I'm starting to sound like a village kid. Like I never had tea before.

But still, I guess its another fun outing with Rena. Always nice to talk to and always considerate. A definate great companion to hang out with.....especially when eating!!! If there's ever a book called Singapore's Best Kept Secrets (Food Edition).....she should be the author!

After dinner, I then proceeded to River Valley to meet up with Franklin and Donald at Spicez!!!!! The SLUT brothers!!! Laughing and joking non-stop, its always fun being around these 2. Most of the time we talk about x-rated jokes......and err.....errr......

Sheesh.....seems like when we're together thats all we ever talk about. Heee.......

1 comment:

xz said...

wow so fun..must call me lei next time...