Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Loyalty? Over-rated!!!

Its proven. I'm weird.
Havent realli seen sunshine for the past 3 days. With constant rain everyday, it really dampen one's spirits.
But......why do I feel as bright as ever?
I have no idea, maybe its becos I was off for the past 2 days. But time really passed by spectacularly fast at work today!
With high spirits, I took one call after another effortlessly. And before I knew it, its time to knock off! And I havent even warmed up yet.
Though I have to admit Service Level today has been extremely good. They were throwing half day leaves to everyone like nobody's business. Even after almost 10 officers were granted half day leaves, whenever we looked at the wallboard, there were about 15 agents waiting on the line.
Thankfully, I had my trusty PSP to keep me company thruout the hours. For the first time, I could complete a single race of Burnout without having any customer's calls beeping in.
However, I guess no matter how good the SL is, and no matter what day it is, freebie seekers are always calling in.
If you are an avid HardwareZone reader like me, you will notice that there are always threads in the forums corner talking about how to get handphone upgrade vouchers from the local telco in Singapore.
Personally, I find it damn appalling. In hokkien I would call it, "beh hiau pai seh", or in local lingua - don't know how to shy.
But seriously, this is the first time I can see a bunch of people, get together. Discuss how to con a company into getting something free. And they can get away with it! Back in Malaysia, if you ever voice dissatisfaction to a telco and demands for a free Handphone.....they would ask you to go buy some paper, string and sticks. Then.....GO FLY KITE!!!
I mean, c'mon. Lets look at it from a broader perspective. I have been using the telco's services. Good service. Pleasant officers. Never fail to give me probs. Been with the company for 8 years. Oh ya. Can I have a free-handphone?
It's day light robbery! And people are discussing about it openly. I mean, you want a handphone, you work for it. You buy with it with your hard earned cash.
Hey, lets put it this way. I have been using the electricy for the past 3 years in Singapore. Can I call Singapore Power to give me more free electricity? Or better yet.....I have been in my company for 3 years....can I be promoted???
ReeeEeeEEe-DEeEEEe-Ku-Lus!!!!!
And their best defence. Loyalty.
Cmon la.....loyalty's over-rated. No such thing as loyalty in this world. If you feel that this telco is not giving what you want, then just leave and go to another company right? Why still stay?
But in a way.....the best part of my job? I get to deny these cheapos from getting any handset upgrade vouchers!!!!
Whahahahaha...the satisfaction is there when I don't give them what they want. Not that I'm a sadist, but if you deserve it....you'll get it. Otherwise, or if you're rude.......
GO FLY KITE!!!

No comments: