Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Help Yourself

Man, oh man. What a week! You'll have a rough idea that its time to update your blog when an Ah Lian starts to complain that there hasn't been any updates!

Anyway, it HAS been a rough week. Been working 5 days straight (in a call center, that's asking alot!) and things has been so much of a rush....I've haven't looked back since.

Things at work has been....interesting. For starters; about a few days ago, there was a position opening in another newly established hotline - tech support hotline. Initially, I thought that it was my way out from the hell hole that I have been stuck in for the past 2 years.

As I was on the verge of submitting my transfer form....then I start to analyse what I have achieve and how far have I come to, in my current hotline. In retrospect, things have already changed alot. My managers trust me enough and gives me opportunities to take part in projects and nominates me for awards. Further, work hasn't been monotonous ever since I was selected to join the Buddy System (a small unit of the hotline that manages and train new recruits).

So, after much deliberating, I thought to myself......even so that both hotlines might be a dead end for me, but why not make it interesting. If ever I were to switch to the other hotline, I'll be back to square one and stare at PC's monitor blankly and wait for calls. And......anyway, my mum have already went to the temple and seek for divine advice. And the heavens have asked me to stay.

Still, stress levels are actually increasing these days with the Buddy System. Recently we had 3 new additions to the hotline - rookies. They were fresh out of the training center and it was part of my job to familiarise them to the inner workings of the call center.

Sigh......they have a long long long way to go. Their product knowledge is simply astounding. They know.....practically nothing!!!!!

I thought to myself, "How on earth did they pass training?!?!". Even basic procedures and information were all wrong. And one of them is seriously testing my patience. There was once I asked her, "So, do you have any questions?" She replied, "Nope". Then I pop-quized her on a related subject. And she looked at me with a HUGE question mark on her forehead and told me effortlessly......."I don't know".

What the?!?!?! She didn't even attempt to answer my question at all. I told her, "If you don't know, then why did you not ask in the first place when I ask if you had any questions???".

I really hate it when people have this helpless look on their faces. It annoys me to the max. Things are never helpless! Its up to you whether you want to help yourself or not. Its that blind emotionless stare that these people give. Its just damn.....infuriating. And the worse ones are the ones that manages to squeeze in an idiotic smile when they are staring at you blindly.

What the f*** are you smiling about?!?!?!!? Act cute ah!?!?!

Sigh......Oh well, I guess its my job in the Buddy System to be patient with these people.

Just have to take a deep breath and..........*exhale*

2 comments:

J/e.o said...

I share ur pain dude! Its agonising.. : )

Anonymous said...

no worries abt joining the other hotlines...

as long as we are all together in this pathetic place....being paid to serve imbeciles calling in....

we'll just have to make sure we have fun all day long....

Slut Bro.