Tuesday, September 27, 2005

The Unexpected Long Break and a surreal dream

Guess what? I have not been working for the past 5 days!!!!

Last Friday and Saturday were my off and rest days; and then I fell sick and took MC on Sunday and Monday. But little did I know, when I called my friend to check what time is my shift today....it turns out to be my off day today!!!

Hmmmm,.....I hope the people in office don't think I did it on purpose. Cos' these days its pretty dangerous to take MCs cos you would be accused of falsifying your sickness to extend your off days.

Sigh, but c'mon. I have no reason to take such a long break. Not as if I had anywhere to go and especially when I have so many pending projects at work. Oh well......I guess I just have to leave it at that.

Though, what I would really like to blog about today is a dream I had last night. I really can't remember the last time I had such a surreal dream which feels so realistic and a dream that affected me on an emotional level.

So....let me tell you all about this dream I had.

I dreamt that I was actually still sleeping. At home. And as I was really really tired and sleepy I could feel the morning sun shining on my face and I just refused to wake up. Then suddenly, I heard someone calling my name. And it was a girl's voice.

She kept on calling my name and pestering me to wake up. After that, as I was lying on left side of my body - ala foetus position, this girl's hand then came from behind and hugged me.

She was lying behind me hugging me and still pestering me to wake up. I was like....??????? Who on earth???

As I turned over, I remember I could recognise her as my girlfriend, but I could not really make out her face. And then I just said, "Huh? hey.....how did you get in???"

"How else?? Your dad let me in, silly", she said. Then I replied, "Oh....what time issit? I have to get to work".

Then she proceeded to tell me its getting late. I then got up and she told me she'll surf the Net while I get ready. Then both of us can go and get lunch before she sends me to work.

Shortly after that.......I woke up from my dream.

The dream really had an impact on me. I don't know why am I having such dreams....maybe I've been longing for a girlfriend, or maybe I'm getting desperate....or maybe its the stupid love movies I've been watchin g lately.

But one thing's for sure....in the dream, I felt loved. I felt as if someone really cared for me. Its a good feeling that I have not felt for a long time. And my guess is....most probably I won't be feeling this for some time; unless I have the same dream again. Though, I was smiling from cheek to cheek when I woke up.

Still, I could not make out or remember how the girl in my dream looked like. All I can remember that...she was beautiful. And she was wearing a white spagetti top, jeans and she has this really nice hair band that she was wearing around her wrist. Kinda specific huh? But that's all I could remember....... And of course, I could remember her warmth.....

Sigh.....I wonder when will I ever meet this girl in my dreams.

For now....dream on...dream on....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

definitely cloud/aerith dream sequence........watching to much advent children.....

Rosalind said...

must be the movies honey..must be the movies