Saturday, September 24, 2005

Talk about good timing

2 nights ago, my SIM card died on me. Not that I mind, but its a big hassle to go down to my company's customer service to get it fixed. Anyways, I don't receive much calls or SMSes.

Thankfully, I had a back up line where I manage to divert all my calls to that number. Still, I was kinda perplexed as why it stopped fucntioning. And I was suppose to be one of the many people in Singapore who knew these stuff. It was my job to know about SIM cards, GPRS, handphone features, bla bla bla.

It took me a whole night trying to figure out the possibilities (its a side effect of the job - thinking about possibilities and alternatives). But in the end, I resigned to fate and thought that either the SIM just died on me or there was a network error.

The next day, which co-incidentally happen to be my off day (%$#$@!!!! wasting my off day doin these stuff), I made a trip down to the customer service center to check if there was anything wrong with the SIM.

So.......

Before I left my house, I did a test to see if it was still not working. On my way there, I tested it again. Still not working. And when I finally got there, I took a queue number and sat down....and I tested it again; still not working.

THEN SUDDENLY........when my number was called up.....I tested my phone....and the friggin thing worked!!!!!!! &^%$#!!@#@!!!!

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

So, out of politeness....since I'm already there...I went over to the counter and told the gal the problem. And as any other CSO would do, she checked my line and everything was fine. Within seconds, I knew the words that were coming from her mouth were standard scripts. "Sir, your line seems to be fine. But if there were any service disruptions, it may be due to the.........". Right........

I could read it out back at her if I wanted to.

Oh well, sometimes thats why I said....life is ironic. Things may happen for a reason I guess. Cos actually on my way to Orchard, I spotted something I wanted to buy for a long time, but just couldn't find it. And so happen that I was forced to go down to Orchard yesterday and saw it there. Funny how things works out huh?

But seriously, at that moment in time when my phone started working, I was like.......huh???? Among all places and among all times.....when I just wanted to show the officer that my SIM card died on me...it ressurected itself. Sheesh.

Anyway, today is my rest day as well. I have back to back off days. To some of you, it might be something normal to have. But working in a call center, back to back off days is a luxury. But still.....I have been complaining awfully alot lately about not having off days on weekends....but now that I have it....I have nowhere to go or anyone to go out with. Sigh......

And the worse part? I thought that our pay cheque should be in by last night!!! ARRRGGG!!! So irritating! The only weekend that I have off......and its the weekend that I'm broke!!!!!

again........TALK ABOUT GOOD TIMING!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey pal....mine's not in either......Shortage of vitamin M...ouch!Rena