Sunday, September 18, 2005

Mid Autumm Festival?

Took a short stroll around my home today. It's been a while since I've gone out and just strolled around and see the hustle and bustle of the weekend crowd.

And as I got out, I start to notice that the Mid-Autumm festivities are at full swing; and its a full moon out tonight.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


People are buying mooncakes, children are running around in lanterns, tourist taking snap shots at the locals...god knows why. And all this was happening at my very own doorstep. Good ol' Chinatown.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Deep down, I couldn't but feel a little bit nostalgic and....home sick. Its been almost coming to 3 years, and I thought that I was already over this.

No doubt that I like working in overseas, but it has its price. The public holidays and festivals are really a down time for me. I'd miss my friends and family back home. Even during this year's Mid-Autumm festival I find myself thinking should I? or shouldn't I celebrate the festival? Even the idea of buying a mooncake and eating it at home alone makes me feel kinda pathetic.

Everyone around me is having a blast.....celebrating with their families, boyfriends, girlfriends. And as for me?

I have to......work.

That's right. You heard it. I have to friggin work on the very day of a chinese festival. Sometimes I truly wonder, for the time I invested in my work.....would it be too big a price to pay. Missing out on what is more important in life. Being with your loved ones.

Anyway, it is something that I chose. And everything happens for a reason.

Now, time to brace myself for Christmas and the New Year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But, u noe what? U still hv us...N U will be in our hearts..., dearest friend!