Thursday, September 29, 2005

Night of Pure Magic

Simply magical.

Last night I attended Cirque Du Soleil's performance of Quidam. And all I can say is......sheer brilliance and spectacular.

For those of you that are not familiar with Quidam; it is basically a circus performance by a troupe from France called Cirque Du Soleil. Initially, I was really skeptical about the whole event and moreover it was the event that is replacing my company's D&D night. I have always loved D&Ds (but of course, i wasn't complaining about the free tix that was given to us. it actually cost $120 for the seats we got!). Still, the more I heard about Quidam, the more intrigue I was about it. Hence, I started to read up abit on Quidam and found out that it is of the most revered circus performance in the world! Circue Du Soleil is renowned for its other 2 performances called Allegria and Saltibanco.

And boy was the critics right! Quidam was absolutely awe inspiring and I couldnt believe my eyes when I was there.

Their performances were so nerve racking that audiences are left edging from their seats and were all speechless. People were clapping their hands non-stop and cheering on and on for a good 3 to 5 minutes when the show ended. And Quidam definately deserve the standing ovation at the end of it.

I will definately not forget Quidam for a long long time. Its just so difficult to describe the feeling of exhilaration when the stunts and acts were performed on stage.


Later on that evening, a few of my colleagues and I loitered around to take a few pics of the circus masks that were on sale there. And its really no joke.....the cheapest mask that were on sale were about $35 to $680!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cmon!!its worth it pal!!confirm GURANTEE chop!BETTER THAN DND AT swissotel!!:P
ahhahaha

rena