Sunday, May 08, 2005

Happy Mother's Day

It's that time of the year again. And being so far away from home, I'm felt kinda guilty not being able to celebrate this special day with me mum.

Honestly, I consider myself to be the luckiest guy on Earth to have a mother like that. She has sacrificed a lot for the family and I guess she has guided me and taught me to be the person I am today. As a son, the last thing I would ever want to do is to dissapoint her. I do not even know am I able to ever pay her back for all she has done for me.

But for today, I just wanna tell her....Happy Mother's Day. =)

*smiles* had another good night sleep last night. Working the afternoon shift really have it perks. I can sleep late and wake up late feeling refresh! Haha....even though I might not have a social life, but I guess afternoon shifts gives me more time for myself. So, I guess its all about striking a balance between morning shifts and afternoon shifts. In some ways, this is one of the advantages of working by staggered shifts.

Was playing my new Xbox game last night.....Jade Empire. Must say its really really good! It was from the makers of Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic - Bioware. I could really relate to it as the story line lies to something close to heart...chinese mythology. I was so immersed in the game last night I ended sleeping around 3am! One thing that I find kinda hilarious is that the names of the characters in the game is really cliched. I don't know why, but these western game developers always think that Chinese people must have a "title" to their name. The was....Furious Ming, Dawn Star, Sagacious Zu, Sun Li the Great Strategist.......funny right? Still, the game entertained me alot; especially with its though-provoking story line. It kinda surprised me as there were many twist and turns to the plot, somewhat of a Chinese serial drama! Anyway, I guess this game will keep me company until I get my hands on my new PC and the PS2 Slim......

Yes! You heard it right ladies and gentlemen! I'm getting a PS2 as well!!! Wahahahahaha....been thinking about it for quite sometime now and really excited to get one.

Oh, one thing I just remembered.....was working OT yesterday morning and I had this really......surreal call. A prepaid card customer called in. She wanted to check the balance on her card. And after advicing the card balance she had....

Me: Is there anything else I can do for you?
Customer: *giggles* well, not really...but can I know how old are you?
Me: *stunned* errr....well...
Customer: You have a very sweet voice. You sound really nice on the phone.
Me: Oh...thank you. Err...I'm 24 actually.
Customer: I see, you sound very sweet and boyish.
Me: (not knowing what to say or how to react) Thank you....... I appreciate it.
Customer: Welcome. Anyway, nice chatting with you. Bye!

Trust me.....I was left staring at the PC for a while. But after I recovered....I started laughing to myself. It a really funny moment as for the first time working in this line, a customer actually said anything of the sort to me. As a CSO, I guess we come across all kinds of people. The good, the bad and the weird.

Still, then again....for the call from that customer? It was really a pleasant surprise.

No comments: