Friday, May 06, 2005

People....sigh

This is bad.

I haven't been updating my blog as religiously as I want to. Been seriously busy past few weeks and I can even see that the quality of my writing has deteriorated.

I was kinda happy that finally I was schduled to be working in the afternoon shift this week. I noticed whenever I worked in the afternoons, I tend to have more time to myself. Whenever I worked in the morning, I tend to sleep late and wake up early. However, as unfortunate as I can get, I was scheduled for a day of traning...and I had 2 days of morning shift. Shit.

Still, finally I manage to get some sleep last night and feeling abit more refreshed today. Kinda dreading to go to work. Used to be enthusiastic about it in the past....but I guess, the fire has died down. And not to mention, its not a motivating factor when you get wind that someone you know is resigning soon. It gets....dissapointing.

I find myself in the same dillemma months ago when another colleague resigned. When they break the news about resigning, they just seemed to happy and cheerful. On one hand, you are happy for them and wish them all the best. On another, you really feel sad and don't want them to leave. In the end, I usually find myself dumbstruck and don't know how to react to it. I never seem to find the right words and most of the time I either just keep quiet, smile....or I just go on repeating..."oh, thats good. happy for you. all the best".

Sigh, what can I do right? As poetic as it may sound.....Parting is such sweet sorrow.

On another note, work has been hell. I have a few troublesome cases that really keeps me up at nights. The other day I only answered 60+ calls in a day! On average, I would hit around 100+. It was really frustrating as I was chasing to hit my quota and target, while all these really idiotic customers keep on calling in. One thing I would like to highlight is that.....I can handle rude customers, I can handle arrogant customers, and I can even handle the screaming and shouting morons....but I can't handle plain STUPIDITY. I mean, I can't believe anyone can be that stupid and it just occurs to me that these people have totally no grey matter in their cranium.

Sometimes I feel like telling this customers....I can help you. I can help you if you can't calculate, I can help you if you can't read, I can't help you if you can't understand your bill. But I can't help you if you're just simply stupid. It gets really frustrating when you spend 30 minutes just to explain the dialling sequence of making an international call.

Then of course, there is this lady. This is one of the toughest customers I have came across. Why? Because she is simply too stubborn and too arrogant to accept any alternatives that I can provide. To put it bluntly...she was a BITCH. Cutting the long story short....she wants me to do the impossible for her own mistake. On my side, I have already bent the rules as far as I can go and I have also went over my head to assist her. But she simply just wasn't satisfied and wanted things her own way. I was on the line with her for more than an hour. And there was a point in the conversation I told her, "Ma'am, about your dispute, when you did not hear from us, why didn't you call in to enquire on it?". All she said was, "No news, is good news." I was like..........*&%$@%*!!!!! I took a deep breath.....and I just said to her... "Ma'am, by saying that; you're just trying to be difficult."

Some people just don't get it do they? I mean, its not like we as CSOs wanna make you're life difficult. We're not some sadist that enjoy getting scolded at or listening to customers rant. If we can do it, we would already have done it. No need to escalate it to a dispute. Plain logic. If we can give you what you want, we're happy, you're happy.

I was reading this article previously and it explains why humans are complicated and difficult to handle.

1. People think they are smarter than they really are.
2. People are intelligent, but not very honest.
3. Prone to trial and errors, but never admit to error.
4. People in general are helpful, but knowingly messed things up.
5. People are lazy, they try to invent shortcuts innocently.

In short, people are screwed up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

correct my bro....well said...we are paid to assist and help imbeciles..