Wednesday, May 04, 2005

What makes us smile

Smile. A sincere, honest smile.

To smile is one of the most sacred and simple things in life that people take for granted.

Long have people asked my why do I used to love my ex they way I did. For almost 1 year after our seperation, I still loved her. My feelings for her are still as strong as the very first day I fell in love with her. It never wavered.

Yet, I could not find the answer to the question, "Why do I love her so much?". However, as time passed me by; as I started learning to let go, and carry on with life. I think I know the answer now......its the way she made me smile.

Have anyone ever touched you or made you feel like that? Sometimes, when the world all around you could be falling apart, but just knowing that one special person loves you, its more than enough. And just being who they are....makes you smile. The thought of her, the sight of her....will suffice. She did not need to do anything special or utter any sweet words to me... just being herself made me smile.

In many ways, what I want to say is that; we love the people we love because of how they make us smile. They make us feel good deep down inside and we let our guard down just for them. The feeling of being in the person's arms.....or just strolling around holding hands.....would set your mind at ease. The part I love about my ex the most was; whenever I were to give her a surprise, the look of joy in her face is simply precious. Up till this day, just thinking of how excited and cute she gets whenever I suprise her...brings a smile to my face.

Still, in regards to my ex....I can only bring myself to love her this much. It was really a wonderful time in my life to have been with her. And I am grateful to have atleast once experience such a wonderful feeling. I was deliriously in love......so I thought. In the end, she brought out the best in me, and also brought out the worst in me. She built a wonderful world around me.....only to bring it down.


Sigh....but thats not what I want to talk about today. What I am trying to put across is.....the weightless feeling of being in love. Deliriously in love. Sometimes when I see how much in love certain people are, I envy them. Just the look in their eyes tells how much in love they are. They always seem so cheerful, happy and there is always this bright aura surrounding them. And they can never seem to get enough of each other. They always want to be by the side of their loved ones.

To me, I feel that these people are so lucky. Personally, I don't want to get or find a girlfriend for the sake of having one. How I wish, I can also be as lucky and fall deliriously with love.

For now, I guess I only have to wait, and maybe one day I have something to smile about.

No comments: