Thursday, May 19, 2005

May the force be with you...

*Grins*

Guess what? That's right.......I've watched Star Wars III : Revenge of the Sith!!!!!!!

WoOoOOooOOOhOOoooOoOO!!! Call me a nerd! Call me a geek! I'm proud to be one!!!!

All the geeks and nerds around the world rejoice as the Star Wars saga came to an end. And it did...with a bang.

The 3rd installment of the Star Wars saga was simply fantastic. No doubt that the pace of the movie was really frantic; and I'm sure that many fanboys and film critics will have their words about the show...but I loved it. The movie might have its minor quirks as it actually tries and rush through, tying up as many loose ends as possible. Still, if you look at the bigger picture and see it as a whole, together with all the other 5 movies...then you'll see a masterpiece at work.

I guess, the best part of the movie for me was when Anakin Skywalker donned the Darth Vader costume. It was simply nostalgic to see the costume back in action after so many years of absence from the silver screen. And the moment that black shiny helmet was put on......there it is.....the mighty, the evil, the dark, the malevolent....Lord Vader. And everything else falls into place.

However, enough about Star Wars. I actually wanna dedicate today's posting to a few special people which really made a difference in my life. They are Rena, Carmen, Kerwynn and Marcel.

You see, I was going to organise a small get-together at my place on the 20th. And unfortunately, Carmen has to go back to KL a day earlier to attend to her father's business. So, she invited a few of us to her place last night for dinner. Just for the sake of good old times and also give us a chance to catch up with one another.

To my surprise, when I got there...Carmen actually took the time to cook quite a majestic meal for us! The food was excellent and we really enjoyed ourselves catching up on our lives.

But what happened next almost broke me down in tears. They surprised me with a birthday cake.....



Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Sigh.....

I was so happy that I just couldnt believe I had such good friends. I don't know what I had done to deserve such wonderful friends. And I really wanna tell this to all of them. I will never forget them. They have helped me through rough times and was really there for me. Through think and thin. Through good and bad. They have always been there.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


When I blew the candles, they asked me to make a wish first. Silently, I kept quiet....and made my wish.

And I later on just told them one thing. And wish...for simply nothing. Cos, I have all the things I wanted and I could not ask for more. You see, last year was really a bad year for me. And sometimes, I just couldn't believe how things have turned around. From utter sadness and torment....to sheer joy and happiness. Things are so different.

I told them that night....I might not have alot of money. I might have alot of the things I want. But one thing I am happy to "not have"....is sadness and problems.

Life is so carefree these days though I have a few qualms. But I could never be happier. I'm just so grateful that I don't have issues and problems in my life now. That's enough for me.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


What I do have....is great, great, great friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so nice...how i wish i was there also...haizs...sc