Monday, May 23, 2005

A year older

Its been a while...

Ever since I celebrated my 24th birthday, haven't updated my blog at all. Been so caught up with so many other things, I didn't have the time to write anything constructive for the past few days.

Still, as for my birthday celebrations? Happy to report I had alot of fun.

It was a relatively peaceful birthday I had. On the eve of my birthday, I went quitely in to the night. There wasn't any fanfare, there wasn't any countdown, there wasn't any big party or drinking. There was just....me, at home, surfing the net.....chatting with some friends online. I kinda liked it.

The next morning, I woke up early to do some grocery shopping and marketing. I needed to buy some fresh stock of poultry and vegetables for the "small" steamboat dinner that I was organising for my colleages. And after that, throughout the day.....I watched TV, slept, ate my lunch...and slept some more.

And then finally at around 5pm, I started to get ready and started cooking.

Sigh =)

Preparing for steamboat really brings me back to alot of memories. Always have alot of good memories when it comes to steamboat. Nevertheless, Chun and Marcel came around 7pm. We started off first; when later Miki and Alan came around 9pm. And next, I had an unexpected visitor. A pleasant surprise really. A friend of Marcel, Shu Lynn came to visit me with the insistence of Marcel I think. But it was really nice to see her. The more the merrier.

It was really nice. Being around friends, having a quite dinner seemed like a really good way to spend my birthday. Later, Cassie, Jeo and Alzari came to join in the fun.

Hehe.....I was kinda happy that we manage to finish off the food that I bought earlier. And for the first time in all my life...I got 3 cakes for my birthday! Thank god all of them were different types of cakes. So I didn't mind it at all. There was a Tiramisu cake (compliments of Shu Lynn), a ice-cream cake (compliments of Alan and Alzari), and finally....a cheesecake that I ordered myself!! And all I can say is simply......deeeee-leeeee-shiiiiii-ussssssss!!!!

All in all, I really enjoyed my birthday this year. It was alot of fun just having dinner with friends and chatting the night away. Hmmmm....things have seem to change over the years. I used to be so excited about birthdays and usually I would like to celebrate it with a bang. I would be out with friends on the eve, I would have grand ideas of going out, clubbing, spending the entire day shopping or something like that.

Oddly, this year, I celebrated it differently. Either I have lost the magic of celebrating birthdays....or I am simply....getting old.

No comments: