Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Miss...Miss...Miss....ugh....

What the?!?!!??!

I just came back from work and I was so excited cos its C.S.I night!!!!

But to my disbelieve, C.S.I has been cancelled to make way for the Miss Universe pageant!!!! What nonsense is this!?!? I can't believe that Channel 5 would cancel the best thing in home television and air Miss Universe instead!!!!!! What the?!?!? Why???? Why??? Why!?!?!?

Who on earth would want to watch 80 beautiful women in their bikinis prancing on stage dancin.....dan....da...da.....

Ok, ok...I take it back. It ain't that bad after all.

Anyway, whenever the Miss Universe pageant comes to mind...I can only think of 2 words. Ok..I have to get this right...

*ahem*...World Peeeeeeeace.....

Cliched right? I sometimes wonder which Miss Universe came up with that stupid answer. After years of scrutiny, the Miss Universe pageant has grown old and people seemed to have formed a mentality that it was all just a gathering of the world's greatest dumb blondes competiting who's breast is bigger.

Still, over the years, time and time again, people seem to inject so much glamour into the pageant. Making it such a big deal and its a life and death kinda thing.

Though, I must admit its never really easy to be participating in these kinda of pageants. The sleepless nights, the behind-the-scenes bitching and cat-figthing, the constant monitoring of their physique, being prim and proper....and all that jazz. Sigh.....I bet those girls go thru hell. I wish I could be there to comfort and console them through all the hard times and also......ok, ok...I'm fatasizing again.

Back to the point. Again, I guess the big hoo-haa about the whole pageant is actually over-rated. Its too much obsession and emphasis invested into the whole thing. And the term Universe?!?! Isn't that taking it a little bit too far???? First there's Miss World, and then there's Miss Universe. Now, from a lay-man's point of view? I don't see a friggin difference. Is there a hierarchy? Is there a flow-chart that shows the different levels of beauty? Sheesh.....does it mean if the gal that wins have to rule over the whole universe???? And the one who got Miss World have to bow to her?

"Duh...hi Miss Universe, I'm Miss world. How are you? The world's just fine. How's the universe doing?"

What the f*ck?!?! The more I think of it, the more ridiculous it is!!!!

Now, I'm starting to feel the whole thing is just plain stupid. Miss Universe....crap. Sigh....maybe I'm just pissed they cancelled C.S.I..... Then again.......geee....since I have nothing to do....err....Miss Peru! Miss Vanezeula! Miss Ecuador! Miss India! Miss Germany! Here I come!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Faintz. Poor innocent Ms Universe.. :O