Saturday, April 23, 2005

Disclaimer: This is not a Visit Singapore Tour campaign

I'm back! After a brief hiatus, yours truly is back for more bloggin!

The past few days has been seriously hectic. Just finished a poker session with my managers and my god-sis Mellisa and her friends came down to Singapore for a short visit a few days ago; and I had the role of local tour-guide. Though a few of her friends are already pretty familiar with Singapore as they travel here often.

On day-1, I meet up with them at the Chinatown MRT station and I was introduced to Chee Mun, Pei-Jet, Yee Leng and Wai Ling. They're a seriously fun bunch of people that I got to know and it was really a blast hanging out with them.

After settling down their luggage at my place, we then took a quick dinner at Marche in Suntec City. Then, after that....the holiday begins!!! And the first item on the agenda, The Night Safari!!!

So far being the best and my favourite tourist attraction in Singapore, I didn't hessitate twice on taking them there. It was my 4th time there and I still think its a really great place. The animals, the shows and the feel of nature all around me still gets my adrenaline pumping everytime. Every visit is a different experiece....*ahem*, not trying to promote the place!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Then later on day-2, we woke up kinda late after a late night of poker. We went on to Cafe Cartel for a hefty meal and then we went on to....Sentosa, a.k.a Sien-tosa. Still, in the end I really enjoyed myself and was pleasantly surprised by Sentosa's Musical Fountain. It was one of THE best displays of pyrotechnics, hydrotechnics and laser lighting I have ever seen. Truly a sight to remember.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Later that night, we then headed on to Newton for some supper. Haven't been there for quite a while and I still enjoy the seafood there. I know....its kinda expensive over there, but if you know what to order.....lets just say you get to avoid the chopping board.

On day-3, while I had to go to work, Mellisa and her friends visited to Science Center. While they were enjoying themselves at the wonders of science and astrology, I was stone-ing away in office. I was practically brain-dead from sleep deprivation. However, sometimes the funny thing is....the moment you hit out that punch card, suddenly you feel the surge of energy back into your system!!! Apparently work, sucks the life out of you....trust me. It does.

Moving on, being their final night in Singapore, I took Mellisa and Pei-Jet out for dinner at one of my favourite restaurants.....Crystal Jade La Mien Xioa Long Pau!!!! I really like the place alot. I find that the quality of the food is superb and the price is reasonable.

And at last, we reach the final leg of our race (smirks). When in Singapore, the one place that you can never miss, is the Esplanade and the Merlion.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


In the end, it was really a great time to have spent the past few days with such a nice group of friends. We spent the rest of the night last evening chatting and watching some TV at my place. The next morning, before I left for work, I took sometime to chat with my god-sis and wish her all the best after her holiday....I guess, she's been thru alot.

Now, if you can excuse me, I think I can go collapse on my bed now. Seriously tired....can't feel my hands........

No comments: