Sunday, April 10, 2005

PHS (Post Holiday Syndrome)

Ok......I admit. I have a problem.

I'm suffering from PHS. Most of the time I daze about Hong Kong; I cant get it out of my head and I dread going to work.

And all I can think of....HK's FOOD!!!!! Wahahhaahahah....I love it, i love it, the glorious food!!! I love Hong Kong!!! =)

Anyway, I am on MC today. Must be feeling "lethargic" from all the travelling and walking around. Couldnt really get myself out of bed and stomach's been acting up too. The doctor said its indigestion...and its a sign of stress. Hmmmm...to me, I think its PHS. The worse kinda illness there is. Its true you know...when you come back from holiday, and when you have to work the next day and at the same time I'm thinking of all the same old shit I'm going back to. ShEeEeEeEeeEEEeeEEEt.....

When I was on the plane, and when it touched down at Changi, the Captain said, "Welcome to Singapore. Ladies and gentlemen, we hope you had a wonderful flight with JetStar Asia". In my head; all I can hear was, "Welcome back to Hell. Ladies and gentlemen, we hope you have a wonderul time and burn and slog over work till your next holiday". But still, I guess the flight wasn't all that bad. Saw a really cute stewardess!!! Sigh... =) her name was Amanda. And throughout the flight, I was thinking of ways to get to know her. But balless as I am....I ended up....doing nothing. Oh well, oh well. Still, could see she was really young. And she was one hell of a kapster. I was seated behind, and when she was at the galley at the back of the plane...she yakked non-stop!!! And the worst part...she was loud! Sheesh....

Moving on, I was reflecting on my Hong Kong holiday this afternoon...looking through the photos I had taken. And suddenly I feel so satisfied with myself.

You see, when I was a schooling kid; I always hear some of my lucky classmates going on holidays during the mid-year term break or the year-end term break. And when they come back from their holidays, they would talk about how wonderful their holidays was...in Hong Kong, Australia, Japan, or the States. All I ever did during my holidays was work part-time as a pirate at a DVD Shop.

But now, within 1 year alone, I manage to bring my parents to China and also went on tour to Hong Kong. All in the same year. And the best part, I paid for everything myself; nobody paid for me. I didn't relied on anyone and it all came from my own hardwork. In a way, I guess this is what they mean by tasting the sweet fruits of your labour.

The sense of satisfaction that I feel is truly a rewarding one. Indeed I have came a long way from my school days. And in a way, I am proud to be where I am today. Atleast for the current point in my life right now.

No comments: