Saturday, April 02, 2005

Mr. Nice Guy

Mornings... something I haven't woke up to in a while. Just woke up....and seems to be a cold, wet and miserable morning. Another one of those days...

Had another bad day at work yesterday. Damn freaking customer complaints. And some are dead stupid. One customer called in and says, "Can I sign up a new line?". I replied, "No sir. You have an older account with us that has an outstanding of $2000. You'll have to clear that first." And he said, "So, I can't get a new line?". What the F*CK?!?!!?!?!? I felt like telling the idiot...WHAT DO YOU THINK?!?!? Bloody morons never use their brains. Apparently sometimes common sense is not that common. There was even a classic case...this guy called in and says...."My girlfriend is in Thailand and she forget to bring her handphone charger, can you guys charge it for her??" IMBECILE.

Anyway, to my friend who added the comment in my previous post.....thank you so much. I really have great friends that understands how I feel. Alot of people have also advised me on what I posted yesterday, and I'm glad to see all the different point of views they had.

But honestly....sometimes I wish I could be alot meaner and cruel in life. I feel that there is no point being such a nice guy all the time. I should more cold-hearted. Still, the thing about me is...when I do something mean or cruel, I start to feel guilty. Thats the part I hate about me. I can't seem to make up my mind and do the things I really want to do and not feel guilty. I guess in many ways thats what have been holding me back.

Sigh....with this kinda "Mr Nice Guy" attitude, I wonder how far am I able to go in life. Everyone knows that this world is all about survival of the fittest. Especially in the corporate world. With this kinda modus operandi, I'll be backstabbed, bitten, chewed and spit out in seconds.

OK.......new resolution.....start learning to be Mr Bad Guy.

Hmmmm...just realised its another Saturday again. Must say time has been passing by pretty fast. I was chatting with a friend earlier on. And I guess both of us are equally hopeless. She was complaining that she's gonna be home on a Saturday night and thats a pretty sad thing to say. And the I told her, "I'm a 24 year-old income earning bachelor with a place of my own. And I'm doing my laundry on a Saturday night. What does that tell you?"

Then she commented, "Well, it could be worse. You could be an unemployed single guy who's doing laundry on a Saturday night."

Well......I guess for a miserable day like this...I'll take that as a good and pleasant start to the day.

1 comment:

S said...

Wanker. I AM NOT HOPELESS. I just have an assignment to do!!!

:)