Thursday, April 28, 2005

Training Day

Its training day boys and girls. And its a whole lotta fun! And no, I'm not Ethan Hawke and I didn't go on a car ride with Denzel Washington (one of da coolest man on earth!!!!!)

Yesterday, work went by at a flash. Had to attend some training, so for atleast 1 day I was spared from answering calls. Still, life have been so hectic lately, training actually gave me the opportunity to take some rest, lay back and listen to the trainers. Though, sometimes when they switch off the lights for the slide show...let's just say I close my eyes and switch off my mind too. But hey...don't get me wrong...the training was not boring at all, we really had some great trainers, its just lethargy I guess. These days, no matter how much sleep I get, it never seems to be enough.

But who could blame me? Its my off day today and I still have to go back to office today for the second day of training!! Arrggg!!!! Anyway, atleast they compensate me by paying me OT. And if its anything that will boost my income level? I'm game for it....kachiiiiiiiiig!!! $$$$$ God knows I need the money for my new PC.

Moving on, something even more interesting happened after training yesterday. As usual, Marcel and I decided to play a few rounds of pool after work. I needed the practice and I must say....I'm getting the hang of it. It has been my 3rd day learning how to play the game...and there's slight improvement. Still, atleast I'm starting to enjoy myself. What happened next.....I would never have ever imagine happen in my lifetime.

The Director of CS stepped into the pool room....and decided to join us for a game! I was like....huh?!?!?!!? I mean, you never see this guy around at all....he is one of the biggest fish in the company. The only few times I ever interacted with him was when the bowling team went out for supper and he treated us for it. And now, he just casually join us for a game.

Anyhoo.....it was actually kinda fun and he's a great guy to hang out with. Initially being an amateur (oh yeah, BTW, he is actually a good pool player...he has his own pool stick and all), I was reluctant to shoot some pool with him...so I let Marcel play with him, since Marcel is a seasoned player.

After a few rounds, then suddenly the dude asked me for a game. Dumbstruck.....I didn't know what to do, and I didn't want to offend him...I agreed. However, I did tell him I was still learning and I was definately going to be slaughtered. To my surprise? He was fine with it and he ended up teaching me a few moves!! Is this a great guy or what???

Haha....well, it has been and interesting day huh? After pool training, me and Marcel manage to even catch a movie...Sahara. Its a pretty ok show...not too great, not too bad. It has its hilarious moments.

Well, I better make a move now....gotta rush to work and don't wanna take cab again today. Need to save some $$$!!!

No comments: