Thursday, April 14, 2005

The Joke

2 unemployed Punjabis in UK saw a poster at a police station: "2 White Men WANTED for RAPE". One Punjabi says to the other, "Bloody whites always get the best jobs!!!"

This is the joke that really made my day.

Today kinda started out seriously bad. Alot of complain calls and mentally-challenged customers as usual. And of course, the network failure in the morning and the cutover of the new system didn't help at all. Had so many complain calls that I lost track of time. When a long winded fool calls in, I just refuse to listen and just put him on mute. 10 mins later when I un-mute him....he's still blabberin away. This guy should have been a CSO. I was about to offer him my job.

And then there was this Auntie. She called in....

Auntie: Oh yes, I need your help.
Me: Yes, ma'am. How may I assist you.
Auntie: Well, I haven't paid my bills yet. When can you reconnect my line?
Me: (akward silence)........ When you pay your bills.

CRAP RIGHT??!!?!? Maybe I should offer my job too! What goes on in the heads of these people??!?!!? Sigh....Ladies and gentlemen, this is the kind of nonsense we get on a daily basis. Like Don always say....a daily dose of shit.

But I guess later the day took a turn for the better. Had this little girl on the line who called in. My God, she was so adorable. I'm guessing she should be around 3 to 4 years old. She kept on saying, "DaddeEEeEeee" this, "DaddEeEeee" that...and she sounded so unsure and uncertain. Really, really cute. I kept on asking her, "Where is your daddy? Go and call your daddy." Then later on, her dad took over the call and apologised as his daughter was playing with the phone. It was really something that warmed my heart. =) I wish next time I had a kid like that.

Anyway, I did see something that caught my eye. Being a Star Wars fan, I found this ad to be really hilarious. Its the new M&M ad campaign and it really tickled my fancy.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And to my surpise.....I saw this in today's Newpaper. Geeeee...I wonder if they're talking about the same person. But I remember she betted $800 on a match night... $200.
Hmmmmmmmmmm......

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 comment:

Details: said...

Yeah, my younger brother works in Starhub as a CSO too. It is really funny to hear him talk about all the weird people that called in. It was really hilarious!

Hang on there :)