Sunday, April 03, 2005

Peace

Its been a peaceful day. Woke up today, and the thought of not having to rush to work really satisfies me. For the first time in a long time, I'm not working on a Sunday.

Life in Singapore is nothing but a rush. We rush to work, rush home, rush our meals. People here spend more time travelling on MRTs and buses rather than doing anything else. Of course, its different for people who drive. Sigh....I miss my car back in Penang. And I also miss the pace of life there. Oh, Home Sweet Home.

Anyway, other than a peaceful day...its been a productive day as well. Manage to settle some stuff that I have been delaying, and also manage to do some spring cleaning around the house. As unbelievable as it may sound, i kinda like stuff to be neat and tidy - people, not all bachelors live like pigs!!!

Later on the day, things started to get even better. I went shoppin'!!! Went to Bugis initally to get a pair of Converse sneakers. And as particular about shoes as I am, I manage to find a pair i really liked. The moment I saw it....hehehe, knew I had to get it.

Next...then I.....I.......hmmmm.......

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Wahahaha....man, I love my Zen. No regrets!!! Have actually been contemplating of getting a mp3 player for quite some time. Did some research on the net and was comparing it to the iPod Mini. No doubt, the iPod has a killer look, but seems to me like alot of the online reviewers prefer the Zen. One review that really opened my eyes, is at http://www.mp3.com/iPod+Mini+vs.+Zen+Micro/stories/1149.html. For the same price, Zen really kicks iPod's ass!!! But of course, there is no fight if it comes to the normal-sized mp3 players. Saw really really good reviews for the 30Gb iPod Photo. Still, its the personal preference.

Anyhoo....its been a good day as I have even manage to suppress some of my inner demons too. Will be taking the proper steps to eradicate these demons that haunts my heart and mind. But as for now....I just wanna go enjoy some sweet tunes on my new.....Zen.

P.S, the definition of Zen is - A school of Mahayana Buddhism that asserts that enlightenment can be attained through meditation, self-contemplation, and intuition rather than through faith and devotion and that is practiced mainly in China, Japan, Korea, and Vietnam. Also called Zen Buddhism.

So I guess.......peace for the heart, peace for the mind.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: