Saturday, April 30, 2005

Balls, Balls, Balls

(clears throat) *ahem*

Now kids....what did we learn from what that happened in the past few days? There's a limit to how much of sleep you can do without. TRUST ME.

I just woke up. And its 11.30pm on a Saturday night. And what does that tell you? No, I'm not getting ready to go out. I just had a seriously stressful day and I have to work tomorrow morning. I have a SAD SAD life......AND......I have to start writing my articles for the company newsletter. Its due tomorrow.

For the past few days, I haven't been sleeping too well. Ever since I started back on the morning shift, my body haven't adapted at all; and every night I find myself sleeping around 3am and waking around 6am the next day for work. And to make things worse, I have been working OT non-stop and working around the clock.

I guess the prob started when I "joined" the pool competition. Everyday I would stay back in office and practice around 2 to 3 hours. Then, finally, when it came to the tournament night yesterday, all hell broke lose.

Already striken with sleep depravation, it was my rest day yesterday, but I was in office working OT at 8am (I slept at 4am the night before). So, I was planning that I can quickly breeze through the OT and get home ASAP and get some shut eye before the pool competition. BUT, as things didn't go as planned, Marcel and I decided to go catch a movie after work. We saw xXx 2. Must say that the first movie was wAAAaaAAaaaaAaaaay better. This one seems kinda.....fake.

Anyway, after the movie we didn't know what to do. Ultimately, we decided to go straight to the pub where the pool competition was held. We started to practice our game....from 4pm....straight until 7pm - thats when the competition started!!! Then from there on it was downhill....from the time we started practice at 4pm...we played all the way until 11pm!!! 7 hours of pool!!! You can be sure I was striken with tunnel vision and all I can see was balls!!!

The game was alright. Marcel eventually won the mixed double category. And as for me, I lost no doubt....but I wasn't slaughtered! I was really pleased with myself. For a person who started to learn the game 4 days ago....I manage to win a few games before I lost the match. Will be posting up some pics soon.....damn myself cos I forgot to bring my digicam.

After the competition, later a few colleagues and I went for a late supper at a mamak stall. Again, being sporting at all....the Director of CS was also there. There are very few managers his level would even consider sitting at the same table eating with a bunch of low level officers. But here he is....THE MAN, the biggest of the big...sitting with us...eating prata with his hands. My hats off. I seriously RESPECT this man.

Still, even after supper, the night wasn't over. A few colleagues had a bright idea of playing bowling...and it was almost 1am!!!! Due to persuasion from a few certain people....I agreed for a few games. Seems to me like the entireday was all about BALLS. From playing small and shiny balls....we went on to playing huge and heavy balls. And I'm talking about pool and bowling ok!?!!?!? There isn't any other type of balls to play with!!!!

At the end, I got home around 4am again....and I woke up at 6am and took a cab to work. And finally, that will bring us back to today. Talk about a long day huh?

What can I say? Eventhough at the end, I really had a lot of fun, but it came to a sacrifice of sleep. Well, atleast I know I'm living my life to the fullest. I always tell this to my friends...... We can always sleep anytime, when we die, we can sleep all we want. But the time we spent with our loved ones and friends are limited...we have to cherish them and make the best out of it.

Looks like I stand corrected. Even so, we want to make the best out of our time.....all things must be done in moderation.

So the morale of the story? We have to practice moderation even when playing with balls.

No comments: