Sunday, October 23, 2005

Formula for a good time

[Great company X (Tasty food)²] + Nice location = Good time

I love spontaneity. Just like the time me and Rena went for the foot massage and just like the late night supper I had with Cassie last night!

It was just one of those weeks where I am working morning and I was off on a Sunday. As usual, I mope around the idea of going home at 7pm on a Saturday night knowing I had nowhere to go and I was even off the next day! Sheesh!

I'm a young, working, single and financially stable guy spending his Saturday nights doing laundry and watching TV!!!!~ Errr....though....pay day isn't here yet and there isn't going to be alot of spending. hehehehe

Anyway, to my much distress, as I got off work, suddenly Cassie just casually asked if I wanna have supper, cos she might be cancelling her appointments with her friends. So I thought to myself, "what the heck, why not?"

So, I went home first, had myself a short nap, and later Cassie called me and we decided to meet up at Holland V. And from there on........my Saturday night was saved!!!!

I must say that eventhough it was just a simple supper without alot of fanfare, but I really did enjoy myself. We didn't need to go clubbing, we didn't need to spend riduculous amounts of money and we didn't need to have alot of people around......though too bad Jeo (Cassie's bf) couldnt join us, or else it would have been nice to have the usual gang.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


However, halfway thru someone unexpected showed up right in front of us. It was JUSTIN!!!!!! Our former boss. He's now transferred to another Cluster in our department....but I really have to say this. Justin's one of the BEST managers anyone could EVER have. Serious. He's really one guy who has the perfect balance between play and work and is of course, nice to his staff. Justin was actually there at the same coffee shop having a birthday supper with his friends.

Later on, Justin was even nice enough to come over to join me and Cassie for a while. We chatted for almost a good 10 to 15 minutes before he left to join his friends again. After that, my respect for him grew even more. Really down to earth guy.

Not many managers would come over to spend some time with their staff; especially when you're out of office. I see it alot of managers wouldn't even be caught dead having drinks with their junior officers. In my office, the some managers are like that. They rarely spend time with staff at the ground level and only mingle among themselves. Talk about building rapport and ego!

After that, me and Cassie continued on with our food and drinks. I find that I really find it easy to talk to Cassie. We talked about work, life, relationships and office gossips!!! And before we knew it....it was already 3:15am!!

After the supper, finally I got home about 4am. I was kinda happy about it cos, in the past when I was back in Penang, I used to go home this late on Saturday nights. Me and my buddies would hang out at mamak stalls after playing countless hours of Counter-Strike at the cybercafe. Sometimes we would even strecth the night chit-chatting at the mamak stall until 5am.

Looking back, sometimes I think to myself...we really had alot of things to chat about! Every week without fail all of us would hang around until 4am or 5 am at the mamak stall. We never grew tired of it....we just basically enjoy each other's company.

Sigh,.......I kinda miss those days =) But hey.....having supper with a good friend like Cassie; is equally as enjoyable!

No comments: