Sunday, October 30, 2005

Part & Parcel of the JOB

Just came back from work when I should be home much much earlier.

Aparrently I was the only senior that was around tonight and even though it was my short day and I could have left half hour earlier; I stayed back.

Some would say thats just plain dumb, and some would say its just doing charity. But from my point of view is that its not much of a big deal to me as its only 30 mins. And in many ways I am responsible for the new recruits.

For the past few days, I found that these new recruits needs alot of guidance and coaching. And I start to really think the trainers in the training center are not doing their jobs. Product knowledge is poor and call handling procedures are all over the place. The new recruits seemed lost as they aimlessly figure out core procedures and infomation.

So far, my patience is still holding as I try to coach them one day at a time. I'm sure the other seniors feel the stress as well.

I must admit that so far, the cluster's buddy system is really performing well. I was just thinking the other day, we are fortunate to have understanding and patient seniors. We've manage to really make nothing into something. I'm sure without the buddy system, many of the new recruits would have extended their probation periods and it would be quite a while till they are confirmed.

Looking back, I'm really glad as our efforts really paid off as many were all confirmed under the guidance of the seniors.

On another note......been having problems sleeping again these days. Been really struggling with this week's schedule. Sleeping everynight around 3am and subconciously waking up every morning around 9am is taking its toll on me.

Thankfully, its only another day left before I end this un-godly shift. To be honest, I don't mind working late at this hour, but the vigorously flucntuating shift makes it difficult to adjust and adapt to the timing.

Atleast in some way, time is passing by quite speedily. Day after day after day, time passes us by in an instant. Still, whenever this happens, I cant help but to feel time is really precious and its passing by so quickly.....

Then I ask myself. Am I suppose to be doing something else? Time's a wastin'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

its common to be feeling that we are all stuck in a rut...esp when we are not something that is value- adding to us than it used to be...

not sure if you identify with wad i sae..

selamat hari raya.