Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Pin Action!

I'm a bad, bad person. That's right.

Let's face it. Somethings people just have to know where to draw the line. And you may ask what I am referring to. In my current context; I'm referring to the Buddy System that I am attached to at work.
There is this particular new recruit that has been under me and a few seniors for quite some time now. And the thing is, we all know she has a good heart. But somehow personally, she's just not cut out to be a customer service officer. Still, she might not be a great customer service officer, but she can be a good one....with LOTS of polishing.
Today, I decided its time to be firm with her. I used to be pretty forgiving and always allowing her to pass calls that I would normally fail. But time and time again, she's been repeating the same mistake after numerous coaching. So, today I was very strict with her and showed her that I really mean business. Its about time she showed some progress.
Sigh....to be honest I feel really bad about it. But I figure, it was the only way for her to improve. She might dislike me as a senior. And she might even feel stressed about it. Still, I feel that her complacence is misdirected. Someone just have to be the bad guy.
Anyway, after a stressful day of monitoring her calls. I was off to bowling!!! Something which I have not done in a while. It was great to see all the fellow bowlers again. The feeling of exhilaration of getting a strike is always fantastic. Simply satisfying!
Personally, I didn't fared too well. Hit a high game of 162 and a low of 123, but I feel I could have done better. This is what happens when you were on a hiatus for 3 weeks!
Eventhough bowling might be an....expensive sport, but the atmosphere when everyone is around joking and having a friendly competition is really a destress session for me. No doubt that everytime I bowl I tend to psyche myself up mentally, but its good mental training I guess. The pressure, satisfaction and comadarie is something that I look forward to everytime. In some way, bowling is one of the few good things that I really enjoy in Singapore. However, its still an expensive hobbie.
When we're bowling, one of my managers always seem to crack the best jokes. Earlier on, there was this new bowler Michael who did really well initially. Then after a while, his game started to puncture. Immediately my manager yelled at him, "Michael!!!! Take out and use your strikes!! No need to keep for tomorrow wan!!!". Wahlan, I couldn't stop laughin when I heard it.
This if course is the master in action! My slut bro!!! One of the top bowlers in Team Hungry Turkey. He packs a mean hook and he has a bowling ball with a skull! Don't play play!!! When ever his hook ball hits a strike.....man, simply beau-teeeee-ful!!! The pin reaction is just awesome. How I wish I can bowl like that.
=) Anyway, I know I gotta UP my game. Will definately be looking forward to next week's training session again. So happy I'm on morning shift this 2 weeks!
Strike ah!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha.....u too can be on the same level as i do....lots of practice and guidance and u be on track !


Slut Bro.....