Sunday, October 09, 2005

Hungry Turkeys BBQ/Chalet 2005

Last night, the Hungry Turkeys had its BBQ night at the Pasir Ris Chalets. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Hungry Turkeys, or have not heard of the name before, it is actually the name of the bowling team in my my office (Don't ask me on how we got our name....but from a bowling perspective, Turkeys are always a good thing)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


For the past 4 to 5 months, the Hungry Turkeys have taken part in the Rotary International League where corporate teams take part in a bowling competition on a weekly basis. Hence, the amusing thing was every time a bowler manages to bowl a turkey (3 strikes in a row for men and 2 strikes in a row for ladies), they win a chicken.

Yeah, you heard me right. Poultry. Chicken. Raw. Uncooked.

So, at the end of the league......the Hungry Turkeys manage to bag 13 CHICKENS!!!!!!!

And now here we are......BBQ-ing most of the chicken. And we even had enough for curry chicken as well.

Overall, we really had alot of fun last night. Its been a while since I stuffed myself silly. We had beehoon, satays, tonnes of otah, sweet potatoes, salad, stingray, satay rice balls and also a cabinet full of junk food.

Of course, I was dead tired through out the night. I went there straight after work and it has been a long long day for me. Working 5 days straight in a call center is really no joke. With inconsistent shift timings, I have to force my body to change its biological clock almost everyday. And not to mention the meal timings. Sometimes I will had lunch as early as 11.30pm, and the next day I will have lunch as late as 1.30pm.

So, you can imagine.....on one had I was so sleepy, and on another hand I was seriously hungry!!! I was thinking how nice if I could eat and sleep at the same time....hehehe.

Oh well, in the end of everything, the BOSS, Team Captain and our Hot-Shot bowler all gave a short speech to wrap things up. And later everybody moved into the chalet for some mahjong and tai-ti sessions. For me, I thought of going home......but then, one of my managers wanted to share a cab with me...but he wanted to finish his mahjong first.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Of course, I was fine with it. I got to play around with my video cam (with some incriminating footage!! Hahhahaha) and chat around with my other colleagues....which I have not done for quite sometime now.

Finally, I got home about 2am and..........I just woke up and its 4.30pm......and 10kg heavier *grins*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad u enjoyed yourself bro...me too.

and thanks for helpin to finish the food....and also takin part in this event

its 19 chickens la..not 16...ehhehehe


"hotshot bowler" (if u r referring to me..hehe)

Slut Bro.