Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Wild, Wild World of Blogging

Been bloggin for almost a year now; I've only started to notice something recently about blogs. I was so occupied about with my work and all.....I now only started to notice how bloggin has taken the world by storm.

I guess as I am blogging this entry right now, there are millions doing the same as well. Just the thought of the sheer number of blogs out there is seriously stagerring.

Though, some blogs are good and some blogs are bad. But who am I to comment? Still, I also started to notice there are basically 2 types of bloggers out there.

One type is the type that writes what OTHERS want to read...for the sake of popularity I guess - its either that or they just wanna flex thier literary muscles; and of course the other type is the ones who just want to have a little piece of the world wide web to themselves - a keepsake you may call it. An online diary.

In recent months, I have been reading quite a few blogs. And everyone's having a blog these days. From celebrities like Bruce Willis to local Malaysian politicians (opposition party) like Lim Kit Siang. Yeah, I know......I had the same shock and awe expression when I heard it.....a politician?!?!

Anyway, back to the point. There are a few blogs out there that I read religiously at times. And one of them is Xiaxue's. She's basically quite a spunky and rebellious writer. Still sometimes as controversial her articles are....sometimes you just can't stop agreeing with her.

And of course, the other blog I read is Rockson's.

Hmmmm....what can I say about him? For starters, when his blog was first published....it was da BOMB. Everyone was talking about his choice of words. And it was a seriously fun read. And I must also admit, it was something...refreshing. I recommend people to go read his blog. However.....what really annoys me is that, in recent months, there has been other blogs like Rockson's blog appearing on the web like wild mushrooms. Everybody was trying to be vulgar just for the sake of being vulgar! That's the annoying part. They are just basically trying to leach off Rockson's popularity.

Sheesh....but I guess maybe these people are naturally vulgar in the beginning. Rockson just brought out the Ah Beng in them.

Lastly, the blog that I am reading enthusiastically these days is actually from a Malaysian blogger. Anyone ever heard of Kenny Sia?

He is SERIOUSLY funny!!!! Most of the time when I read his blogs I'll be rolling around with laughter! His sense of humour is spot-on and if I'm not mistaken he was awarded for some Asian Best Blog thingy (not too sure on this one). If anyone ever checks out his blog, you MUST check out the entry where he posted a semi-nude pic of himself referring to Sarong Party Girl's blog. Apparently, Sarong Party Gal made a big hoo-haa when she posted a nude pic of herself and was condemn for it. And being an controversial and bold blgger Kenny is........he did the same.

But maybe being a Malaysian myself, I really could relate to his tougue-in-cheek jokes and Malaysian cultural puns.

I hope he doesn't mind, but these are the pics that he has edited recently and posted up his blog. He is a big big fan of Hugo Weaving, but apparently he always confuse Hugo's role as Lord Elrond in Lord of the Rings, and Agent Smith in the Matrix trilogy.

And when I saw these pics.....it left me in stiches to the extent I had teary eyes! This is Kenny Sia's version if ever he is the script writer for Matrix and Lord of the Rings.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



And this is the ULTIMATE one. Funny to the max!!!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 comments:

xz said...

hey i also read xiaxue and rockson's blog..can relieve stress ...

Shimmers said...

what does KNNCCB stand for?